1 (2.5 lb) pork roast (can use beef roast too)
1 3/4 cups beef broth
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp onion powder or dried onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Place roast in a slow cooker along with beef broth.
2. Squeeze lime juice over roast.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
4. Sprinkle spices over roast.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
6. In the crock pot use two forks or kitchen shears to shred removing any fat.
7. Return meat to crock pot and cook for 30 minutes more.
8. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove beef from slow cooker and serve in your favorite Mexican dish.
Recipe by Real Mom Kitchen at http://realmomkitchen.com/10379/mexican-shredded-beef/